Friday 20 April 2018

CVS | Be Still My Heart

Hello Scrappy Fam,
This morning I'm sharing this layout I created using the beautiful, More Than Words collection. I scrapbooked photos of my littlest meatball, Juliana. This day was the morning of her second birthday and she had asked me to take her picture. I was happy to oblige 😀


I started by choosing the paper Effervescent for my background. I couldn't resist those bubbles for such a bubbly, full of life little girl. It was perfect! I also used a strip of the ledger looking paper called Noteworthy to break up a bit of the colour and give the photos a bit of a base to sit on. It's the perfect shade of pink and matched perfectly with my daughter's cardigan in the photos.

Next, on to my photos... I printed my photos just shy of 3x3 inches each. I wanted to make sure I had enough room going across to showcase all my photos properly. Then, I matted them with papers from the collection including sheets from the 6x6 paper pad.
Then, I popped two of them up onto dimensional foam for lift.

For my title, I used the word "heart" from the Chipboard Titles. I love mixing different fonts, textures and colours. Overall, it creates quite a different effect which in my opinion, is visually pleasing. Plus, it's fun!

I worked on my embellish next. I took pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera package, Accessory Stickers, and Chipboard Stickers and created clusters. I also tucked in tabs (which I ❤!) under my layers. Using the tiny words and phrases from the Accessory Stickers to embellish and add "journaling" I use that word loosely though as I do not usually put pen to paper on my actual layout. I'm not a fan of my writing and so if I have something important to say about the photos I'm documenting, I opt to write it on the back.


For my finishing touches, I added a Flair Button which sits on a nest of metallic silver thread and a whole bunch of Enamel Shapes. I sprinkled the shapes all around my page. Lastly, I added some silver ink spray splatters to add a bit of pizzazz. The silver tied together the layout because it matched part of the title and the thread underneath the flair.



Thank you for joining me today and allowing me to share my layout with you!
xoLina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!