Tuesday 6 March 2018

CVS | Sweet Moments

Good Morning Scrappy Friends!
Lina here with you today sharing a layout I created using my fave, the More than Words collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I am scrapbooking a photo of my eldest daughter, Alessandra taken the other day at school when the parents were invited to class to share in a poetry recital. My girl was so happy to see both mom and dad in the audience and I snapped this quick photo of her. And as the title states... a sweet moment. Here's what I created...



I began with the background sheet called Radiant a cut the word "moments" using a simple, uppercase font. Then, I used my watercolour paints to create a soft and beautiful watercolour wash. I used tones of peachy pink and a blueish aqua. I took inspiration for both the colours from the in the collection. I then backed the cut word with a sheet from the 6x6 paper pad. That black and white floral gets me every time. ❤



I then worked on matting my photo. Now, I love layers so I was sure to add a few sheets of patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad plus any "scraps" I had already cut into for previous layouts. Lots of lovely paper and colours makes my heart happy! I then popped the photo onto a piece of foam dimension.



I then began my title. Having already completed the "moments" aspect of my title, the next part was easy! I used the word sweet from the Chipboard Titles. I just adore the mix of fonts to create my title.



Now, my favourite part... to build and create the clusters of embellishment around my photo. I took pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack, the Vellum Accents and the Chipboard Stickers. I also added some metallic silver thread and created a nest for my Flair Button to sit within.



I thought that my layout needed a bit of anchoring, so, I added a strip, cut at an angle to the bottom of my layout. I also added some embellishment with some ephemera there as well. Lastly, a healthy sprinkling of the Enamel Shapes and some silver Distress Spray. And voila! My layout is complete!

I thank you for stopping by today!
xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!