Saturday 20 January 2018

CVS | Morning Cuddles

Happy New Year Friends!
Today, on the blog featuring this layout I created on my little and her daddy cuddling. This little of mine is a big cuddler and just loves to snuggle, especially in the morning. I used the fabulous Bohemian Dream to document my photo and create my layout.


So, beginning this layout, I printed my photos in black and white. This was important to me as I wanted them to pop against the colours of the papers and embellishments and I didn't want them to "get lost" within my layout. This allowed me to have fun with the elements of the collection but still be able to speak volumes with my photos.


As I always do, I started by matting and backing my photos with pieces of patterned paper, most from the 6x6. I tell you, the paper pad is convenient and I don't have to feel bad about cutting into an entire sheet just to matte an photo. I then popped up my picture with dimensional foam for lift and to create shadow.

Next, I played with the ephemera a chose pieces I wanted to incorporate into my clusters. As I was searching through the paper goodness, I found the cut apart sheet with this wonderful quote on it. The sheet itself is called Boho Bits and I knew I HAD to use it. My husband and I always say our littlest little has a killer smile and she lights up a room with it. She makes people smile when she smiles. Needless to say, the quite was perfect!

For my title, I used alphas in two different fonts and colours. I always love using this technique as I feel it brings a little something extra to my work. A bit of whimsy, maybe.

The butterflies are one of my favourite element in this collection. I used them in this case to draw attention to the top of my layout for some balance since my layout itself is bottom heavy. They just bring everything together and make it more cohesive.

Lastly, I used (you guessed it :P) some gold ink spray to create some splatters. And, really, what's better than gold splatters? LOL!
Thank you all for stopping by today, I appreciate you! Enjoy your weekend!
xoLina

1 comment:

  1. wow! I love your work and style, I just discovered it and from now on I follow you.
    greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I {heart} comments!