Saturday 6 January 2018

CVS | Happy, Happy

Good Morning Scrappy Fam!
This morning I'm sharing a layout using the incredibly beautiful, Bohemian Dream. It's still my top fave and I don't think I'll ever bore of using it. All the pretty florals and gorgeous colours make this collection especially easy for me to use.
The photo I scrapbooked and am sharing on my layout was taken this past October for my oldest daughter's 4th birthday. Her party theme was Rapunzel and so the purples in this collection worked perfectly with the costume my girl is wearing. So, here's what I did...


I started by choosing that gorgeous white washed, woodgrain paper. It's called Kaleidoscope and it's probably one of my faves from the entire paper set. With my Silhouette Cameo, I cut the word happy with one of the fonts on my computer and then paper pieced the word with the purple ombre, watercolour piece. This will work as part of my title.
Then I backed and matted my photos with papers from the 6x6 paper pad. I'm loving this new addition to the CVS lines. It makes paper piecing and matting photos a breeze. I then layered some foam sheet behind my photo for lift and dimension.

 Working on my title, I chose the word Happy from the Chipboard Accents sheet. Along with the die cut word, my title reads, Happy, Happy. Fitting as my girl is smiling from ear to ear in this picture. 😀


 Happily sifting through all the amazingness that is the Die Cut Ephemera and Vellum Accents, I decided I wanted to use florals as my embellishments. I created a few clusters and arranged my flowers how I liked them.
I then took some metallic gold thread and made a nest for my Flair button to rest within. The button I chose reads, "You are Amazing". I just love this look!

I felt the bottom right corner needed some anchoring and grounding so I took this opportunity to add a smaller cluster embellishment with a floral, label, and a tiny word sticker.

I gave my layout a good sprinkling of love with the tiny words from the Accessory Stickers sheet. They are my favourite way to "journal" or convey a message without adding my own handwriting to the layout. I'm hardly ever a fan of my writing once it's down on a layout.


Lastly, for some added sparkle and shine, I added some gold ink spray in gold. I've been doing this a lot lately and I have fallen in love (AGAIN) with the look of sprinkled paint splatters.


Thank you so much for joining me today on the blog. We'll see you all again soon!
xoLina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!