Wednesday 10 January 2018

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Hey Guys!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year. I know I am!
Today's layout is one that is wayyy overdue. I've had this collection from Paige Evans and Pink Paislee, Turn the Page for months! Like sitting and waiting for me on my desk in plain sight, screaming to be used! So, here I am, sharing a layout created with the collection in all it's splendor!



I began this layout with a cut file from Paper Issues, it's free and you can find it here: https://paperissuesstore.myshopify.com/collections/free-files/products/heart-grid-free-cut-file. I cut it using my Cameo and backed it with that gorgeous rainbow butterfly pattern. I chose that particular sheet because the red's in both the paper and photos most closely matched. The other reds were lighter and didn't fit the over all colour scheme.

As always, I matted my photos with papers from the collection and in this particular instance, I used the handy 6x6 paper pad. It's perfect for matting photos. I then popped my photos on dimensional foam for lift.


I decided to then work on my title. I pulled pieces from the Journaling Spots and gave a home for my title to actually live. I didn't want to put it directly onto the layout. It would just get lost by doing that. For my title I used the Thickers in New Day from the collection and the smaller font is from October Afternoon in Mason Jar.

I then went through the Ephemera pack and chose my favourite pieces to embellish my page. Pulling pieces from the Chipboard sheet and stickers, I created visually pleasing clusters in and around my photo.


To finish my layout, I used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold and sprinkled some gold lovin' around my page. This layout came together rather quickly and I am super pleased about the way it turned out. It's my new fave!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!