Wednesday 6 September 2017

CVS | Hello Beautiful

Hello Fam,
Today, I'd like to share a layout with you I created using the incredible You Rock collection. This one is still one of my faves! I'm determined to use every last it of it. I mean, how could you not want to! 😉
The photo I am scrapbooking is of my eldest daughter, Ali. She was just sitting on the living room floor, in a tutu, playing with her Hatchimal. I asked her to smile and I snapped this photo. I just love her innocence and her happiness just shines through.


I began with the gorgeous dark blue sheet called Starshine and cut 1 inch off from 2 sides. Then I layered it onto This Way, the aqua arrowed paper. This gave me a 1/2 inch border on all sides.
I knew I wanted my photo to sit on the bottom right of my layout so I decided to create a "shelf" for my photo to sit on. I used strips from the cut apart border sheet. They were perfect for this part.


Because my layout is bottom heavy, I felt it needed balance at the top, so I created a large cluster in the top right corner using pieces of ephemera such as the woodgrain film strip and some stickers from the Sticker Element Sheet. When creating the star pennant banner, I popped up the center one to give the entire cluster some dimension.


I painted the stars from the wood veneer package to match my daughter's aqua tutu. They turned out just the right shade after using some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in Mint and some Turquoise Dylusions ink. I affixed those around my page along with some orange chipboard stars.
For those who know me, the tiny words are my favourite way to add sentiment or journaling to a layout without having to actually put pen to paper. I picked my faves from the collection and went to town, adding some near my photo and some in the top corner cluster.



I just adore how some of the star veneer are inlayed. The details are incredible. I added a doily behind my photo to give the entire layout a softer more feminine feel. I feel it was a good way to add it without it being overly girly.



I used a Rubber Charm to add a pop of orange in the bottom left hand corner and adorned my page with the Enamel Shapes for more of the gorgeous colour in and around my page. I felt they were a perfect way to sprinkle some love around.



I hope you all enjoyed my layout today. I'm having a lot of fun using this collection for non traditional boy layouts. Thank you for stopping by. See you soon!
xoLina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!