Thursday 20 July 2017

CVS | Mamma's Happy Heart

Good Morning Friends!
It's Lina, today sharing this layout of my two babes using the Free Spirit collection.
This picture... this picture melts my heart! The two of them love each other so and I managed to snap a quick picture of the two mid cuddle. Both entertained by the iPad but loving each other none the less! It only lasted about 3.7 seconds, but I was quick enough to take this picture! Ha!


Let's jump right in... I started the layout by cutting two triangles and adhering them to my background sheet. Creating a diagonal quadrants. Then, I sewed around the perimeter and down the sides of the triangles with my little sewing machine. I used plain white thread, I like this look best. The papers I used for the background are Dreamy and Wildflowers.


Next, you guessed it... matting of my photo. LOL! I guess I have a routine and order to the way I do things. Haha!
I chose a variety of papers in the collection for my matting. I think they were all scraps to be honest. I don't think I cut into a new, whole sheet. Pretty impressive, right?  I used the corally-orange border in the Accessory Stickers sheet as part of my layering behind my photo.


Working on my title, I fussy cut the word "happy" from one of the cut apart sheets. There is also a lower case one in the Die Cut Ephemera pack but I liked this one better. Well, truth is that I cut out the one from the die cut sheet first and then noticed the other one. It worked out well though because I wouldn't have been able to arrange the letters the way I wanted with the pre-cut one since it was all one piece. For the rest of my title, I used the Alphabet Stickers and then sewed through them with my sewing machine.


To embellish, I used bit and pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack as well as some cuts from the cut apart sheet. I also used some Woodies, a Flair Button that I placed within a nest of mint thread and finished off with a sprinkling of Enamel Shapes. I have to admit that this layout is less embellished than my other layouts. It kinda felt nice to use less :P
To add to my love of tiny words and phrases, I created my own by cutting out some of the type patterned paper from the collection. The wording was perfect!

Hope you liked my layout! Have a wonderful day!
xoLina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!