Saturday 20 May 2017

CVS | Awesome

Hello Loves!
Welcome to the blog today, I'm happy you're here!
So, I love the layout I'm sharing with you all today... Just LOVE! I used the all new You Rock collection and I am smitten! Smitten with the entire collection. I thought that just maybe, maybe I'd have a difficult time using it since I have two girls I mainly scrapbook about but boy was I wrong! All the collection's components are just perfect and so easy to use! I can't wait to document photos of my girls with it.
But, this week, we're sharing and focusing on our boys. And, with that, I am sharing a layout of my dear husband, my boy 😛
Here, he's playing in the snow like a big kid... which he really is. LOL!


I started my layout by choosing my papers. For my background paper, I chose that incredible dark teal ombre paper. When I saw it, I knew I needed to use that bad boy first! And so I did.  I knew going into it, I wanted to use that cut file from Paper Issues. I mean c'mon... it's perfect! I cut it several times with my Silhouette Cameo. Once for my background, that sheet is called Experimantal. Second for the yellow outline, called Inline. And third to fill in the letters, Plus One.
I created a small cluster on the top right of the page to bring the eye upward into that beautiful light aqua ombre. I used some of the new Washi Stickers, some enamel shapes, and some word stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet.


Next, I chose the papers to matte my photo with. I used that same yellow sheet to bring over some of the same shade to the right side of the page and then just a few others from the collection. I brought in some black as well for a couple reasons... first, I love black and secondly it acts like an anchor and gives weight to my photo. Kinda makes it pop off the page. I popped the entire photo and mattes on a piece of foam sheet for dimension.

To embellish, I used something from almost all the collection components. I used pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera, the Chipboard Stickers, and the Accessory Stickers. Those Accessory Stickers kill me... I just love them soooo much. It's the tiny words and phrases that get me every time!


When creating the cluster around the bottom left of my photo, I included some metallic silver thread. I made it into a small, circular nest and placed a Flair Button in the center to anchor it in place. Just adore the thread and always forget to use it. I used to use it a lot more often before. I'm making a mental note... LOL!
Lastly, I placed some Enamel Shapes around my layout, focusing mainly on adding them to my clusters. I used the black ones to tie in the black matting of my photo.
I just adored using this collection and getting the chance to actually cut into it. It's a fun and cheerful collection. I'm off for now... going to head into my craft room and create some more. Have a wonderfully scrappy day!   xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!